Visit Open-E website

Thread: How to handle time diffence after wake up from suspend (virtual machine)?

Default How to handle time diffence after wake up from suspend (virtual machine)?

Hi,

i have configured an ntp-server in my latest DSS 7 soho installation, which is necessary for ad domain kerberos tickets.
    DSS 7 is installed as a virtual machine on ESXi 6.0. When putting the vm on suspend for e.g. maintenance work on the host, after wake up clock is wrong and never synchronizes again until i hit "Adjust once (on apply)" in the gui interface. It seems like when the difference is too high, you have to adjust it manually. Is there no chance to adjust it automatically?
    There are other linux virtual machines running on the esxi with configured timed, which have no issue after a wake up.

It bothers me because it happens two times that i have forgotten to adjust the clock manually and the next morning after doing some maintenance my colleagues
    moan about unaccessible network drives.

bye
    Hannes

Hi,

We did not encounter such problems, but we will check in ouor environment once again.