Visit Open-E website

Thread: Qlogic ISP2342 host access password

Default Qlogic ISP2342 host access password

I have a dual port QLogic ISP2342. we are attempting to lockdown the interface with setting usernames and passwords. i have a problem with doing this.

A. there isnt a "console tool" for Qlogic FC HBAs.
    B. downloaded sansurfer on another host and can connect just fine, but I cant change the password from the default.

Can you point me in the right direction? I know how to fix it if I could just get a friggin shell prompt!

Use the CLI interface from the Console screen by entering CTRL + ALT + F to access the FC HBA interface.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

There we go, I can get to the CLI now

still cant set that password though.. its wanting me to enter a valid local user in a member of adm,root groups.

any ideas on that?

No, sure dont - even went online to look for this issue and found nothing.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

the issue is that if we use a qlogic adapter then anyone with sansurfer software can use the default password to change the configuration if they discover any of the ip addresses associated with our open-e system.

side note:
    it would be a useful feature to be able to 'bind' services to adapters, any idea if something like that is in the works?

Not currently as we had very little request for this and in place we use the Allow access IP,
    Allow write IP or Deny function and ACL as well. Until we receive more requests for this then this can be in our future design tables. Although I see it as a big value, engineers would have to add some new GUI functions for this. We will need more time.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"