Visit Open-E website

Thread: >2TB for Mac Clients?

Default >2TB for Mac Clients?

I have the old iSCSI Enterprise, and I've tested the demo for DSS and R3. On a Macintosh initiator, volumes over 2TB show up as only 2TB.

I have another iSCSI target from Wasabi. It doesn't have this issue. It has other issues instead .

What version of DSS did you test with? I have a speacial version for DSS (Demo-CD) and if this happens again send me logs. If not then maybe I can help getting you an early xmas present
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

I tested the demo CDs that were available... maybe about a month ago.

Is there any reason that a newer version would change anything? Has this been identified and addressed by your engineers?

Thanks for the offer. I can't test again right now since I'd have to erase and stripe a new RAID. But if you think it's worth trying again, I'll definitely do so within a few weeks.

New Block I/O modifications to DSS. You will be able to test the new version in 3 - 4 weeks (maybe sooner - just email me - but send me logs) from the Demo-CD.

I would really like logs showing from Wasabi that the 2TB works with screen shots and then from ours so our software engineers can review this with a better distro that we have.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

I found the reason for the problem:
    http://www.snsforums.com/index.php?showtopic=160

Is it possible to configure 4096 block size with the latest version of iSCSI-R3?

Currently no.

But I sent this to our engineers to see if we can have this within the next 2 releases (or sooner as MAC is growing and we need to do something about it as storage grows - 1TB drives..).

Thanks for the information - this is great!!
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

seems that this is OSX's fault - i'll test with my leopard seed and see if the same issue exists.

I had a customer tell me the Xraid software utility will work. He had 2 x 1.5TB then striped together and now he is able to see over 2TB.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"