Visit Open-E website

Thread: iscsi replication

Default iscsi replication

I made 2 dss servers one with a demo cd and one with a usb dss module.

on the usb dss module i configured an iscsi target with replication. I put data on it and replicated it to the volume on the second dss server. with status i checked that replication was succesful.
    Then i turned off the first dss and configured on the second that the volume there is the the source and then connected on my client to that target.

But the iscsi target doesn't appear on the client as a disk. What goes wrong?

Make sure you enabled the target in Target Manager for the Destination server that is now Source, also check the box for Metadata as well.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

I tried to click clear metadata and then the open-e told me please wait. Afther a while internet explorer tells me that the page is not available anymore. i also tried to make it first destinatination again and clear metadata and then also saying again the same.
    ( this is all on the machine which boots from the most recent demo cd. )

Does this happen with FireFox as well? What happend when you enable the Target on the new Source?
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

I sended you an email with screenshots.
    So i now took a clean harddisk, made the replication from the original ( dssmm ) to this new demo open-e config ( dss ) . Waited till the status told me it is all replicated. Took the power off the original ( dssmm ) . Set on de demo ( dss ) the volume to source and also did clear metadata. then i made a target and added this volume.

As you can see in the screenshot of the iscsi initiator it say's connected but the target doesn't appear in the diskmanager .

I tried this with a vista client, a xp client with the newest iscsi initiator, and now also on an xp client with an older iscsi client.

Also a reboot of the client doesn't help.

i use IE as my browser.

Try to go to the Details button for the Targets: iqn.2007-08:dssmm.target0 and logoff.
    You may want to try with the connected one as well then refresh then logon for the dss target that stated "Connected".

Then go to Disk Manager > Action > Rescan Disk to see if this comes on line.

If you create another target from dss (CD-ROM) are you able to access the target (not being replicated), but for testing?
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

logon/logoff , rescan doesn't work.

when i make a new volume and a new target and on the client a connect to this it appears immediatly in the disk manager.

So i think iscsi replication has bugs.

I just tested again with Demo-CD ver. 1.23 to DSS ver. 1.23 and this worked.

If you want I can provide an online web demonstration, email me at todd.maxwell@open-e.com and I will provide you a meeting number and schedule a time.

Also you can send me logs at this address to see if I can see anything that might be causing the issue.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"