Visit Open-E website

Thread: Open-e dss Clustering

Default Open-e dss Clustering

I've read in the forum about new clustering features comming up in august 2007.

Is there any progress or indication about the details.
    And a related question: Is there a roadmap and longterm plans of the development of Open-e? That's something i'm missing as a future customer.

Cool

Count me in for clustering , I'm evaluating Open-E for over 3 months and this is what will make me jump into bandwagon , this is a necessity for more IO's performance.Intel SSR212MA with Lefthand San/IQ 6.6 do it but I prefer Open-E for price and openness.Keep good Work!

To all sorry for the delays, we will not be releasing anything this month - it may end up being later in end of year. Until completing and proper testing, I won’t have any additional information.

Please give us some more time we really want this to be perfect, so we will not rush this critical function.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Nice to hear you are working on it and that stability is more important than shipping the product.

Is there a way to get informed about these updates in your development schedule? I think it would be useful for more people then me te know this sort of things are happening. That way we can update our schedules for testing and production.
    I'm thinking of a mailinglist with releases and plans for future releases.

Is that possible in your development process?

Yes, we will have this and a voting on "features and functions" on our website for our products. We will need time to put this in place so that customers can vote on what is most important to them with our products. The feature that wins the highest votes will be developed.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

We are also very interested in DSS clustering.

Todd, have you more information about this feature like:

* iSCSI target clustering possible?
    * NAS clustering possible?
    * Duration for takeover?

Regards
    Michael

Michael,

I was just informed that this has been delayed and painful I have no information to relay back to you for the release date until I receive further notice. Please be patient as we will inform everyone. Concerning the Voting of features and options we will put this in motion.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"