Visit Open-E website

Thread: Multifunktionsdrucker Ablage der gescannten Dokumente auf Storage

Default Multifunktionsdrucker Ablage der gescannten Dokumente auf Storage

Modell: Data Storage Server
    Version: 5.0.DB46000000.3084
    Erscheinungsdatum: 2008-05-05
    Lizenzierte Kapazität: 16 TB

Habe bisher die Storage mit einem Server 2003 32bit verbunden(Art der Authentifizierung)
    KDC ADS Server

Jetzt möchte ich diesen Server aber abschalten und habe dazu einen neuen DC unter Server 2008R2 in Betrieb genommen. So weit so gut.

Jetzt habe ich folgendes Problem: Unsere Multifunktionsdrucker haben bisher über SMB die gescannten Dokumente in das jeweilige user Verzeichnis

User\scan abgelegt.

Jetzt geht dies plötzlich nicht mehr. Der User account welcher auf den Druckern konfiguriert ist, kann wenn ich mich mit ihm unter Windows anmelde auf die user shares zugreifen und Dateien ablegen. Will ich aber über den Drucker etwas scannen dann kommt am Drucker die Meldung das die Anmeldeinformationen falsch wären(haben jetzt 1 Jahr unter der alten Konstellation funktioniert)

Weiteres seltsames Problem ist:

Wenn ich ich an einem Client unter start ausführen \\storagename tippe komme ich auf die shares
    Wenn ich aber \\ip der storage verwende kommt

"Kein Prozess ist am anderen Ende der Pipe"

Meine Vermutung war erst das diese schon ältere DSS Version nicht mit Server 2008R2 zusammenarbeitet, aber das AD scheint ja ganz normal ausgelesen zu werden.

Dachte erst smb signing wäre mein Problem, aber die Tipps haben nichts geholfen

http://www.administrator.de/index.php?content=101348

Wäre toll, wenn Jemand eine Idee hätte

Forgive me if I dont answer all your questions, my german is not so good.
    I'll answer in English.
    You are using a very old version of DSS5. I can not verify compatibility with 2008R2. You should upgrade to the latest version of DSS5, and consider even upgrading to DSS V6. and try authentication against 2008R2 again.
    Also enable http share browsing in your NAS settings. This will allow https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to work accordingly on port 444.

Default re

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I am in contact with Michal from open-e support.
    I was recommended to update as u said to latest version.
    So far i updated from version 3084 to version 3278

Now i want to update from 3278 to b4562 but i am not sure if it sure that i wont loose my data.

so much warnings in the readme :-(

The Readme says its recommended to update to b4562 trial version.

Is it really so much risk to directly update to b4562 without trial?

I know strange question, but i have to get rid off before mentioned problem quick

Quote Originally Posted by Bavaria
    Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I am in contact with Michal from open-e support.
    I was recommended to update as u said to latest version.
    So far i updated from version 3084 to version 3278

Now i want to update from 3278 to b4562 but i am not sure if it sure that i wont loose my data.

so much warnings in the readme :-(

The Readme says its recommended to update to b4562 trial version.

Is it really so much risk to directly update to b4562 without trial?

I know strange question, but i have to get rid off before mentioned problem quick

Using the following you can update to version 3518(then, you can update to the current version, see below):
    ===============================
    DSS Release Notes
    2009-05-26 v5.0 up62 build3518
    IMPORTANT NOTE:
    This is the first version with totally different boot loader than all previous versions.
    Provided software can be used for:
    Software update for previous versions (from build 3204 to 3278)
    or use as
    a 60 day TRIAL version.
    This software must be installed on a USB-stick first (also there is the same software available as ISO version and can be placed on CD).
    In order to install this version please proceed with the following steps:
    1. Download and uncompress the file atlanta_3518
    2. Format a USB-stick partitioned as a FAT or FAT32 for the root directory (at least 512MB media size but 1GB is recommended).
    3. Copy the uncompressed directories and files onto USB-stick
    Directories: b3518 and boot
    Files: mmenu_upd.sh and prod.key
    4. After copying the directories and files please verify that in the root directory resides the following directories: b3518, boot and files mmenu_upd.sh and prod.key.
    5. Access the directory called “boot” then run the bootinst.exe (for Windows only) or bootinst.sh (for Linux only).
    6. Boot your storage server with the USB-stick. (please set the BIOS to boot from the USB-stick, or in boot menu select USB-stick to boot)
    7. In the first menu there is choice to start current version or run memory test. Please press enter to run current version.
    8. In the second menu there are 3 menu options:
    32bit system (2.6.27)
    64bit system (2.6.27)
    Run software update installer
    In order to run TRIAL of new software v5.0 up62 build 3518, please select 32bit or 64bit accordingly to your current system architecture.
    The TRIAL will recognize your current volume groups and volumes, but will start with factory defaults settings. In order to restore your current settings,
    please go to menu in: MAINTENANCE->miscellaneous and select the SETUP and CONFIGURATION check-boxes then click on green action button.
    This will prompt for system re-boot. After re-boot you can test how your storage system works with new software. If all is OK, we do recommend to update.
    WE STRONGLY RECOMEND TO RUN TRIAL BEFORE UPDATING YOUR CURRENT VERSION, AS THERE IS NO POSIBILITY TO DOWNGRADE
    TO PREVIOUSE VERSIONS. WHEN RUNNING TRIAL VERSION PLEASE CHECK IF ALL YOUR INSTALLED HARDWARE COMPONENTS ARE FUNCTIONAL.
    In order to update your current DOM with new software v5.0 up62 build3518, please boot from the USB-stick and in the second menu please select
    Run software update installer
    Then follow all steps until reboot.
    ========================================

Using the following to update the latest version (4562):

Release Notes 2010-06-18 v5.0 up63 build_4562
    THIS IS UPDATE FROM BUILD_3518 TO BUILD_4562 ONLY !
    IF YOU HAVE BUILD_3278 OR OLDER, PLEASE RUN UPDATE TO 2009-03-18 v.5.00 up60 b.3511
    IF YOU HAVE BUILD_3511, PLEASE RUN UPDATE TO 2009-06-02 v5.0 up60 b 3518
    In order to install this version please proceed with the following steps:
    1. Download file: sp50up63_b4562.upd and save in your local disk.
    2. On WEB GUI menu: MAINTENANCE -> software update , function: System software update click on "search" button and select file: sp50up63_b4562.upd then click on "upload" button.
    3. Once upload is ready it will prompt the release notes. Please click on "accept" button.
    4. Next prompt ask you to reboot the system in order to execute the update.
    ==================================================

Default re

thanks for ur great help so far

i am stuck since a few hours, cause everything seemed to be fine after i flashed ver. 3278

after storage reboot i get "system corrupted - No USB flash module has been found"

now trying to flash as you recommended version atlanta

damn my colleagues show up in a few hours

Send me a privet message with SN# and I will get you a product key for DSS V5 and then install again with the latest version and when asked to enter the product key manually enter the key that I will provide you.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Default re

i have an identical storage here
    what happens if i insert the usb Dom of the other storage ?

Default re

sorry but i am getting pretty nervous. Sorry for that

Let me explain again, i have two identical storages(one is just cold standby)

I wanted to know what happens. when i insert the Dom of the standby storage in the storage which causes problems right now.

Whats on this Dom just Firmware, Os or specific machine data?

You can move it over to the other server then just change the IP Address and other settings or if you have saved the settings from the GUI in the other system that failed then just upload that file in the GUI in Maint. > Misc. then restore the file then reboot that is if you have done that in the past and saved that file.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube