Visit Open-E website

Thread: R3 v 2.21 update to 2.30

Default R3 v 2.21 update to 2.30

I'm trying to get my 2.21.DB00000000.2753 version updated to 2.30 that was released on Aug 28. When picking the Maintenance/Software Update/Update downloader button it comes back and says there are no updates available (I've verified that my DNS, default gateway, etc. settings are correct). Looking at the web site there only appears to be the ISO image for a CD-based install there. Is there any way to extract the files needed from the CD image and upload them using the System software update (or alternatively is there another spot to pickup the appropriate file(s))? I don't have physical access to the server (and it doesn't have a CD drive anyway) so I'd really like to try and get this done "over the wire" as opposed to with a CD...

Thanks

Craig

i updated mine the CD way.. it seemed much safer (and just reconfigured the whole thing).

i read through the docs and it looks like you can browse and upload that iso?

Did you register the module? Let me know so we can look into this. Also did you try to upload the ISO file then click the green check button and what happened?
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Hi Todd. Yes the module was registered (I just tried registering it again and it says its already registered). When I tried doing the "update downloader" again tonight (after trying to register again) it was "all good" and it successfully downloaded and installed...

A little quirk there but seems to be "all good" now...

Craig

Thanks for the update - I am working on a solution to display update variables - just need more time .
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube