Visit Open-E website

Thread: Srcsas144e

Default Srcsas144e

Could you tell us if the built-in intel RAID card of intel SSR212MC2-R is supported?

Thanks
    Keven

I just look the PDF and I think that this card is an LSI Logic with Battery so I suppose that linux megaraid2 aka megaraid_sas kernel module will support it correctly ? Right ?

Another time I talked to myself , god , at least I hope that info will help someone else

The card look like its a 8344ELP from LSI Logic but rebadged Intel so yes I think its supported

Yes it is supported. Look at the release notes as this is stated in as well.

QUICK START FOR Intel SSR212MC2

Enabling hardware monitoring:

1. Open-E DSS v1.23 or later

Under Console Tools please hit “Ctrl + Alt + W”. From the menu please chose “Hardware Options” and select “Intel SSR212MC2”.
    Next log into Open-E WebGUI using your favourite WebBrowser, and proceed
    to “Status -> Hardware -> Function: Hardware monitoring” in order to see the system status. Please note that chosing “Intel SSR212MC2” will enable in adition IMPI controller.

2. Open-E DSS upto 1.3

Under Console Tools please hit “Ctrl + Alt + W”. From the menu please chose “Hardware Options” and select “IMPI (sensors)”.
    Next log into Open-E WebGUI using your favourite WebBrowser, and proceed
    to “Status -> Hardware -> Function: Hardware monitoring” in order to see the system status.

RAID management:

For RAID management please log into Open-E WebGUI and select “Setup -> H/W RAID -> Intel/LSI SAS administration” to configure RAID WEB Console 2 access rights and password. The default password for raid user is raid and for raidview user – raidview.

NOTE:
    Intel RAID Web Console2 may not operate correctly due to tool bug ( only last Ethernet port position will work.
    Example: From Eth0, Eth1, Eth2 and Eth3, only Eth3 will work. As a workaround please establish the connection to the tool with the last Network Interface Controller (NIC) connected to the Open-E system or disable all except the first controller (disable Eth1, Eth2 and Eth3 to force Eth0 to function). It can be done with Open-E WebGUI under “Setup -> Network” administration panel.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube