Hello,

i still have performance problems. Yesterday i updated to the current version and deleted the complete unit to made new iSCSI volumes. After this i copyed the vmdk files from my local VMFS back to the VMFS on the iSCSI Volume. A 6 GB file takes 11:15 minutes, this will be 9 MB/Sec.

If i remember right, the copy of the file in the other direction to a local single S-ATA drive was much faster. At this time the restore from tape is running so i think i got no useable value when i test it now. The backup to the LTO1 tape runs with 900MB/Min and now the restore only with 550MB/Min. (2 days remaining to restore all the data.)

At the performance chart on the esx host for the network card i used for the ESX iSCSI initaor i got never more than 30 MBps. The current value during restore is 10 MBps.

When i use IOMeter in a VM on a RAW mapped 2 TB iSCSI Volume i got for read and write a value of 35 MB/Sec.

What can i do to optimise the performance?

My enviroment:

Storage
Supermicro PDSM4 Mainboard with a Pentium D 930 (3 GHz Dual Core) and 4 GB memory.
3Ware 9550SXU 16 Ch. S-ATA II (with BBU in performance mode) with 6x Seagate 750 GB HDD's

2x ESX Host
Supermicro X7DBE Mainboard with two Xeon E5320 (1,86 GHz Quad Core) and 6 GB memory.

For iSCSI communication i use direct cables from the two on board NIC's of the storage to each ESX host.

Best regards
Stefan