Visit Open-E website

Thread: LSI MegaRAID SAS 8888ELP

Default LSI MegaRAID SAS 8888ELP

Is there any support planned for the LSI MegaRAID SAS 8888ELP card?
    (this seems to be the only LSI card at present to support Raid 6/60)

If support is planned, is there an indication of timing for its release?

Thanks

In release notes for DSS on 1.30 you have to use the last NIC port or email support@open-e.com for full documents.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Thanks for the reply but my question regarded DSS simply having driver support for the card, because on the Compatability web page http://www.open-e.com/data_storage_s...ct=LSI%20Logic, it only lists the 8308ELP, 8344ELP, 8408E, 8408SE, 8480SE MegaRAID SAS models. Ie. no 8888ELP, so I assumed it was not supported.

So can we assume that DSS 1.30 does support the 8888ELP? (we understand the last NIC port issue)
    Thanks

So you do know about the nic issue...ok good to know now, this issue is not with us, it is with LSI. We have customers using it but it is not listed until we have tested it. This is why we have our list on the website to provide what we know and have. I know customers using it now, but until we thoroughly test it and list it on our HCL I am not able to say. Again ask support as they may have it in there hands now as we speak. Knowing you have this card do you have problems with it or are you wanting the RAID GUI built in ours? We just started communications with them - but they are very big company to pay attention to us but soon they will be...enough said about LSI inc.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube