Visit Open-E website

Thread: Multiple Domains

Default Multiple Domains

Hi there,

I've got the opportunity to test DSS version 1.30 here. And from now everything worked fine (sharing, iSCSI e.g.).

Next thing I'm asked to create a test situation with 2 win2k3 domains. But i don't know how you can "join" multiple domains. I've tried to add trusts , but too bad, it don't work.

Is it on the whole possible to use multiple domains? and if it is so, how?

thanx anyway!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by njb
    Hi there,

I've got the opportunity to test DSS version 1.30 here. And from now everything worked fine (sharing, iSCSI e.g.).

Next thing I'm asked to create a test situation with 2 win2k3 domains. But i don't know how you can "join" multiple domains. I've tried to add trusts , but too bad, it don't work.

Is it on the whole possible to use multiple domains? and if it is so, how?

thanx anyway!

Could you explain a little more your problem? You want to have iscsi server but in two different domain and/or ip class?

Well, there's an possibility to add multiple domains to the DSS, but i get stuck.

Situation:
    Adding 1 domain, works, adding users and so creating rights.
    But adding the second domain, he don't remember the last added users. what do i wrong?

I get a message to keep or to erase the UID's.

So maybe you could heb to get a solution.

is it possible to get an answer?

Please send logs to support@open-e.com - we need to see if there are any other issues with your settings or version.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

We need multiple domains because we have virtualized multiple domains of customers .
    We want to give our customers their own fileshare on one open-e storage. So that one open-e storage should have the users from multiple domains.

Quote Originally Posted by muurman
    We need multiple domains because we have virtualized multiple domains of customers .
    We want to give our customers their own fileshare on one open-e storage. So that one open-e storage should have the users from multiple domains.

did you at least establish a 1 way trust from the domain that the DSS is "joined" to one of your customer domains?

maybe even make your root domain as example:
    isp.lan - join your open-e to this domain
    create "child domain" for each customer - example: customer1.isp.lan
    then establish the proper trust relationship, 1 or 2 way..

just some ideas.. but i have SAMBA servers that understand trusted relationships in our AD domain, so its possible!

Default Trusts

I've established a two way trust.
    In Windows I can access a server share with an user from another domain. (and its possible to manage the security rights).

If I want to join the dss to one of the domains, the dss can read the users from one domain, but not from the other.

what to do?

Default Still not from another domain

Hi there,

We have the latest updates, but it's still not working. We narrowed the problem down a bit.

We have shares through ADS from from the DSS in the first domain. For every account from that domain it's working (server and pc's). The 2nd domain server can use any share from the first domain server exept the ones from the DSS.

In the first domain we have a security group 'Domain2DomainUsers'. '\\Domain2\Domain Users' is a member. We see the group in the list on the DSS and gave it the proper rights. To be sure we made a group 'Domain1DomainUsers' with member '\\Domain1\Domain Users' and gave 'Domain Users' of Doman1 access-rights indirectly. That works fine.

So we closed the problem in from both sides. For the second domain it should be totally transparant what kind of share it is in Domain1. The DSS and the servers are all in the same ip-segment. It's stating a rights violation error.

Kind regards,
    Rob Koelmans
    MetaMicro Automatisering BV