Visit Open-E website

Thread: NAS Sharing Disk Authentication Failed!

Default NAS Sharing Disk Authentication Failed!

I'm using the DSS 1.16 Demo CD for some testing.

I have created a NAS share disk and choose the Windows(ADS) Authentication method for my Windows ActiveDirectory is Windows 2003 Native mode.

However, DSS has got all of the user' accounts and group accounts from AD, I also can see them in the NAS resource tab. But I failed when using my domain account to accessing the share disk. It seems can't authenticate with the password that I typed in. (I have granted the privilege on the share disk to my domain account already.)

Could you tell me is there any step that I missed leading to the failure?

Was this working before? Check the Security permissions from the ADS server of the Share and reset the "Everyone Group" to grant no access then enter again to give them full access. Try resetting the password from the Users in the ADS server. Also there is a new release of DSS version 1.32 - you have a very old version.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Thanks Todd,
    I found there is something wrong with my ADS when upgrading from win2k ADS to win2k3 ADS. It may make this failure happened. When I using this copy of DSS in a new Windows Domain envioument, it works fine.

Thank you all the same!