Hello,

at the last weeks i made manny tests, because i had the problem, that the performance was after the last update very bad.

I used IOmeter with the standard Settings, made a 2000000 blocks (1GB) file and tested with 32KB Seq. 100% read. With one worker i got never more than 35-40 MB/s and when i tryed to use two workers the speed goes down to 10-20 MB/s. Nearly the same i got when i start IOmeter on 2 hosts (at the storage a own NIC) on the first i got 30 MB/s and on the second only 8 MB/s.

The tool HD Tune shows this very good:

At 50% i startet this tool on a second machine. This can't be normal that the read performance goes down that way.

The support was working on this 3 weeks with remote support and the only thing thing they can say is that at other enviroments it is fast. (Send me IOmeter values from a DSS with MPIO, but i use iSCSI R3 Enterprice!) And that they think that this is a Intel network driver issue.

I was thinking about to use OpenFiler, because in a test OpenFiler 2.2 was much faster on the same hardware. Last night i made manny tests with OpenFiler 2.3, OpenFiler 2.2 and finaly again with the current Open-E with FileIO because i noticed that OpenFiler 2.2 uses FileIO too.

With a Open-E iSCSI target in FileIO mode i got the performance that i expected. When i start IOmeter i can bring the NIC in the Windows Taskmanager to 99% load. (111 MB/s)

On 2 hosts at the same time i got 206 MB/s (1st 110 MB/s & 2nd 96 MB/s).

Where is here the problem? Why is the BlockIO, which should be 30% faster, in my envirement so extremly slow?

Regards
Stefan