Visit Open-E website

Thread: Problem accessing Open-E NAS 2.0 2.12

Default Problem accessing Open-E NAS 2.0 2.12

Hi, I have got an Open-E NAS 2.0 ver. 2.12 I can't access anymore.
    It worked until an Array Rebuild done using the Raid Controller Setup.
    Now the system goes up, the usual messages are on console, smbd starts (miscofigured
    but at least it's listening on his port), but httpd fails and I can't access to the web interface.

Is there any way to obtain a console from the system, even on a serial port?
    I think that this version lacks Console and Extended Tools (Ctrl-Alt-t, Ctrl-Alt-x don't work ).

I'd got 2Tbyte on it...., please help me.

Thank you in advance.

Default Problem accessing Open-E NAS 2.0 2.12

All our products have Console functions (see below). When rebuilding you RAID was there live data (important) existing? With NAS 2.0 there is a 2TB limit; is your RAID larger then this? Please check all hardware for errors i.e. RAM (entering the escape key after boot), motherboard and controllers. Hopefully all resources have been saved as well as your data. If you cannot access the console screen even with attaching a monitor & keyboard you might have to upload version 2.12 again. Please read the instructions carefully.

Functions:

CTRL + ALT + n
    If you press the left CTRL key + the left ALT key + n, you will be asked for the new IP address and the subnet mask. The DHCP server will be shut down.
    CTRL+ALT+p
    If you press the left CTRL key + the left ALT key + p, the access restrictions are lifted by entering the administrator password (in addition, there is a reset to the standard https port 443).
    CTRL+ALT+i
    By pressing a combination of left CTRL key, left ALT key and i, you can reset the original IP address (192.168.0.220) and the subnet settings (255.255.255.0). In this process, the DHCP server support is turned on.
    CTRL+ALT+t
    By pressing a combination of left CTRL key, left ALT key and t, you can run Console Tools. The menu will appear, with choice of following functions: Ping, DHCP Ping, Hardware info, Memory info, Time configuration and DNS configuration.
    CTRL+ALT+h
    By pressing the left CTRL key, left ALT key and h, Open-E NAS will display hardware and driver information.
    CTRL+ALT+x
    By pressing the left CTRL key, left ALT key and x, it will display extended tools.
    F1, F2 and F5
    Function key F1 is available to display help information while F5 will reset the console display to default. If you press F2 key all network interface will be displayed.
    Shutting down and restarting
    With Ctrl + ALT + DEL the Open-E NAS host computer will be shut down, while CTRL + ALT + S shut it down completely. Please be careful with this option when users are connected.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    All our products have Console functions (see below). When rebuilding you RAID was there live data (important) existing?
    Yes, but they can be rebuilt with some (a lot) effort.

With NAS 2.0 there is a 2TB limit; is your RAID larger then this?
    2 TB exactly.

Please check all hardware for errors i.e. RAM (entering the escape key after boot), motherboard and controllers. Hopefully all resources have been saved as well as your data.
    No errors booting. Shutting down it seems that it fails killing httpd that was not running.

If you cannot access the console screen even with attaching a monitor & keyboard you might have to upload version 2.12 again. Please read the instructions carefully.
    I can access the console screen, howto upload without the web interface running?

Functions:

CTRL + ALT + n
    If you press the left CTRL key + the left ALT key + n, you will be asked for the new IP address and the subnet mask. The DHCP server will be shut down.
    CTRL+ALT+p
    If you press the left CTRL key + the left ALT key + p, the access restrictions are lifted by entering the administrator password (in addition, there is a reset to the standard https port 443).
    CTRL+ALT+i
    By pressing a combination of left CTRL key, left ALT key and i, you can reset the original IP address (192.168.0.220) and the subnet settings (255.255.255.0). In this process, the DHCP server support is turned on.
    CTRL+ALT+t
    By pressing a combination of left CTRL key, left ALT key and t, you can run Console Tools. The menu will appear, with choice of following functions: Ping, DHCP Ping, Hardware info, Memory info, Time configuration and DNS configuration.
    CTRL+ALT+h
    By pressing the left CTRL key, left ALT key and h, Open-E NAS will display hardware and driver information.
    CTRL+ALT+x
    By pressing the left CTRL key, left ALT key and x, it will display extended tools.
    F1, F2 and F5
    Function key F1 is available to display help information while F5 will reset the console display to default. If you press F2 key all network interface will be displayed.
    Shutting down and restarting
    With Ctrl + ALT + DEL the Open-E NAS host computer will be shut down, while CTRL + ALT + S shut it down completely. Please be careful with this option when users are connected.
    My system say it's version: 2.12.000000001.99, 2004-02-17, (not up to date, I know..)
    Pressing F1 it shows an help without CTRL+ALT+x, CTRL+ALT+t.
    The manual version 2.13 - 12/04/2004 - agrees with my system help menu.
    I tried to use that keys the same, but it doesn't respond.

Thank you for the quick response.

Best regards.

Stefano Pintore

You will need to download and reload the ISO from our support site link below. Hopefully you have all your saved settings and a backup of your data. Try to reload the system with the ISO on CD-ROM (please read the instructions on how to do this) as you do not need the web gui to reload. Download [2004-04-18] NAS 2.0 update ver. 2.12 Update ver. 2.12.

http://www.open-e.com/data_storage_s...subserv=update
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Default ISO not found

You told me to Download [2004-04-18] NAS 2.0 update ver. 2.12 Update ver. 2.12. to solve my problem with the NAS 2.0.
    But I didn't find any ISO image, only a zip with release notes and upd files....
    May I use other iso for example: NAS Enterprise update ver. 1.48 build 714?

All the best,

Stefano

You cannot use the other ISO versions - this will not work only corrupt more. Please read this and the other documents (that are with the Zip update) when updating. The ISO-Files which include in update file must be burned on a CD please read the all instructions. This FTP site will give you the ISO you need please select Blue or Black directory.

ftp.open-e-com
    user: software
    pass: enterforupdate

ftp://support:enterforupdate@ftp.open-e.com
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Default Thank you

Thank to you and to the GREAT Open-e support, my problem is solved.

Best regards,

StefanoP

Thank you for your response to the problem solved as this helps others.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"