Visit Open-E website

Thread: 10gb Performance

Default 10gb Performance

I have been looking through the forums and google’in performance information on Open-e iSCSI and DDS. All I can find is reports of people getting between 30-100MBps of throughput.

Is there any point in even considering a 10gb setup, I would be happy to throw equipment at it, but I would be looking at getting 300-500MBps throughput or i would be quite disappointed. Is this a reasonable possibility or is Open-e really just a 1gb solution? Or would I be better using direct attached storage?

For instance I was thinking along the lines of using :
    1x Quad core 2.3ghz, 4-8gb ram, 16* 147gb 15k SAS drives on HP HW Raid cards, with 1x10gb and 2x 1gb nic’s

I would also be interested to see if a 1x duel core 3ghz would be better?

I would link to see some end user performance stats if anyone is willing to share?

And is anyone actually using this with XEN?

I sure hope someone will say yes to all my questions

Smile Open-E with Xen - looking into that solution

Yes, looking into that solution right now, that 10gb question your posted is the same question i'm looking for answer for.

have you tried xen as yet or are you in the evaluation stage too?

Default About to test

Not yet, ive try'd using open-e on a old HP DL580G2 with 4x18gb u160 10k in Raid 10 and am getting about 30-40mbps. but as yet i have not tested with a new server, or xen.

Default xen works fine

hi folkes,

we are implementing XENSource / Open-E iSCSI target shared storage solutions. XEN is working fine with iSCSI (Open-E).

We will run our first 10GB tests over the next two month.