Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No GUI Access after Sofware Update

Default No GUI Access after Sofware Update

Hi,

today I updated the DSS by using the online update service to 1.37. After the installation I clicked the reboot button and waited few minutes. Now, I can't access the GUI any more. The IP before the update was 192.168.0.1. I still can ping the server and that adress, it's there and I still can access the share folder. But the GUI is not available at 192.168.0.1 any more.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Paul

mmm... interesting...

Did you try to open it from Firefox? It happened to me before..Also check the IP, it may send it back to the default when you make the update.

No chance from any browser. I can ping the server on 192.168.0.1. On the default 192.168.0.220 and 192.168.1.220 there is no response.
    The share is still accessable, I can deal with the data on it.

Are you using certificates? If so you can reset them from the Console Tools CTRL + ALT + T then select "Time Configuration" just take the defaults to the end. If that does not work then reset the network settings again in Console by entering CTRL + ALT + I then go back and change your IP Address, Subnet, Gateway and DNS (If need be) by entering CTRL + ALT + N. Does this happen with other systems from the network as well?
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

OK, I got it. It was the installed certificate in IE from open-e. It seems that the old certificate was not the same as after the software update. But IE only showed that the page couldn't be found.... Very strange.

Paul

But now I have another problem...

After the update, I have problems with the error message functionality. I can see that there are any messages, but when the message window opens, I can't see anything there.

Any ideas?

Paul

Are you using I.E. or Firefox ?
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

IE...
    That's why I had the other problem above, too.

Paul

It's IE 7 on vista.

With Firefox I can see the messages...