Visit Open-E website
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Performance with iSCSI/Fibre Channel

Quote Originally Posted by netsyphon
    im working on getting some oracle database servers running solaris x86 using these cards.
    The only problem I would have with that card is that you need to purchase a separate transceiver; whereas a card like the Intel® PRO/10GbE CX4 Server Adapter comes as a single unit; just provide the cables and go.

The Intel card is ~$875 whereas the Sun card alone is $950 with the transceiver ranging from $1500 to $3500.

very helpful!!!

ill have to play with some of this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by SeanLeyne
    The only problem I would have with that card is that you need to purchase a separate transceiver; whereas a card like the Intel® PRO/10GbE CX4 Server Adapter comes as a single unit; just provide the cables and go.

The Intel card is ~$875 whereas the Sun card alone is $950 with the transceiver ranging from $1500 to $3500.
    also looks like the same card minus the sun logo.. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by netsyphon
    also looks like the same card minus the sun logo.. thanks!
    I thought so as well, but the product literature indicates that it comes with the appropriate CX4/XPAK module (transceiver), which has a separate price of ~$400.

Separately, I didn't see anything about CX4 in my reading of the Sun card details -- though I didn't read all the details.

yep you are right! i wonder why they dont offer that.. ill check with my rep too see if they have something compelling to say

http://www.sun.com/io_technologies/i...ntrolers0.html

ill see if i can eval some chelsio or neterion cx4's and get my hands on a switch.. heck may just go back to back!