Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The specified network name is no longer available

Default The specified network name is no longer available

Hello,
    We have network with samba PDC server and server with Nas-R3 enterprise as a member server. When i copy from NAS to workstation(XP) and from workstation to NAS (in the same time), there is a popup: Cannot copy xxxx: The specified network name is no longer available. I’ve checked network cards, netbios over tcpip, wins, static and dynamic IP and nothing.

Regards,

I had the same issue with XP then updated to SP2 and did not have this issue again. Windows Vista does not have this issue. I remember that it might be with MRxSmb.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

We have SP2 in all workstations.

Regards,

Check the XP drivers for the NIC's maybe there are some settings, in Windows Vista this does not happen.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

I've checked this scenario (copy from and to server at the same time) with our PDC server (siemens Econel 200 + ubuntu 6.06 server edition) and everything is fine so NIC's are OK.

Regards,

I took one of the XP notebooks that had an Intel Pro 1000 PL NIC - confirmed it did not work and produced the same error, then changed the Link Speed & Duplex settings for the NIC to "Auto-negotiate 1000" and now works. This is NIC or Driver issue. Also there is plunty of info on the net concerning this subject
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Hello, i have the same problem posted by Much and i try two different versions (4.21 and 5.0 ultimate build downloaded from an FTP server, by a special network address given to me from my reseller) but i have ALWAYS the same problem.

The clients that i've used to try it, are equipped with the latest version of Windows SP2 with all the available updates.

Please help me, thank you

Did you test ur NIC's?
    Try it with another station? or Vista?

I try it by different clients with the same result. Vista OS, for our business, isn't a broadcast solution yet, then we cannot use it.
    Thank oyu

In the Event ID logs from your Microsoft systems are you getting any of the following:

System error 64 - "The specified network name is no longer available"

System error 53. "The network path was not found"

Event ID 3013 - Description: The redirector has timed out a request to ComputerName.

Event ID 2022 - Description: Server was unable to find a free connection NumberOfTimes times in the last NumberOfSeconds seconds.

Event ID 4, an Event ID 1055, and an Event ID 4322, in addition to Event ID 2022 in the system event log.

"The semaphore timeout period has expired"

http://www.chicagotech.net/troublesh...temerror64.htm
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"