Visit Open-E website

Thread: SQL 2005 Cluster - Windows 2003 64-bit

Default SQL 2005 Cluster - Windows 2003 64-bit

So we are playing with a SQL Cluster backed by Open-E iscsi ent (not r3). We are using the latest version of the MS iscsi initiator. I'm noticing an issue that when ever make changes on the Open-E system such as add a target, delete a target, etc, that my SQL Servers act funny and generally, one will reboot. What could be causing this? We have other systems that are using the same Open-E system and they have not exhibited this issue before. Yet it is most certainly caused by the a loss of connection to the lun by the iscsi initiator or something along these lines. Any thoughts from Tom or anyone else on the forums?

What is the version of the iSCSI Enterprise (1.72 is the last version). You stated that you have other Open-E systems are they iSCSI Enterprise as well and do thee have targets for the SQL? Any errors in the logs or shown on the GUI from the bottom left side of the screen? Sorry not a big SQL guy.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

We are using the last version of iscsi Enterprise (not R3)
    NO - no other servers are SQL servers. They are hosting either VM's or used for backup-to-disk. And no errors from anyone but the SQL system. So at this point, I'm just fishing for anyone whose doing the same thing that I'm doing to share any experiences that they may have..