Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with QLA2462

Default Problems with QLA2462

Hello,

i wrote already that i have the problem with the "No Cable", but now i installed the current RC (or Beta? Ver. 2956) and in the "Setup / Fibre Chennel" the DSS told me that there is no FC HBA.

After upgrade the Kernel is switched back to 32 Bit, so i changed it to 64 Bit but then the controller will be shown in "Status / Hardware" but not in "Setup / Fibre Channel".

Has anybody some ideas?

I will try what happens when i switch back to 32 Bit and then back to Initiator mode, if i remember right i switched to Target mode with the 32 Bit kernel. Perhaps i must change this when the 64 Bit kernel is running... I tested already with the normal kernel and with the testing kernel.

Best regsrds
    Stefan

As i wrote i tested the scenarios... In 64 Bit only the Initiator Mode works, when switching to Target i got a message that no FC HBA is installed...

Best regards
    Stefan

I was trying to see if I could duplicate the problem from my end and was not able too - I have the same Qlogic HBA's "ISP2432-based 4Gb Fibre Channel to PCI Express HBA (rev 03)" with version 2956. On the Target I have set to use 32bit single and SMP with TESTING (kernel 2.6.23) also I did a direct connection between the 2 DSS and still was able to connect them both. Both HBA's are at configuration defaults and the only system reboot was the Target system after setting as Target in: SETUP -> Fibre Channel -> Function: QLOGIC Target. So everything was configured from defaults.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Since when is the QLE2462 supported in Target mode? On the Open-E Web-Site this is not listed and because this i got a QLA2462 (PCI-X).

And have you tested with a 64 Bit kernel? In 32 Bit the controller was found in Target mode...

Best regards
    Stefan

It is listed.

http://open-e.com/data_storage_solution/server/service_and_support.php?lang=en&subserv=prodcomp&h ardkind=Fibre%20Channel%20HBA<br>%20(target%20mode )
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Call me stupid, but i see only QLA Controllers and not a QLE...

QLA2462 -> PCI-X
    QLE2462 -> PCI-Express

Best regards
    Stefan

http://open-e.com/data_storage_solut...anufact=QLogic

The QLE2462 is only listed for Initiator mode...

Typo on my end, I meant my target is a QLA2462 and initiator QLE2462 tested with directly attached and with the Sanbox 5600.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

O.k. Please can you check with a 64 Bit kernel in Initiator mode? In the Build before (2922) the controller was found...

Best regards
    Stefan

I'll be out for the holidays and will test when I get back - any one else that can test this with 64bit and build 2854.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"