Visit Open-E website

Thread: DSS maber of a Windows 2008 Domain

Question DSS maber of a Windows 2008 Domain

Hello,

i'm trying to add the DSS as a mamber of my Windows 2008 domain, but i get every time this error message:

Database is empty or connection error!

On my DC i see 3 Event-Log entrys that the DSS has requested a Kerberos-Auth.-Ticket. (TGT) but nothing more happen.

Is there someting i must change on my DC that the DSS can connect?

Best regards
    Stefan

I too have had no luck with DSS and win2008 in 2003 ADS mode and no suggestions on how to make it work. Poor kerberos functions in DSS I think. WHo would use NT4 or straight LDAP in modern win servers these days is beyond me. Bad security, imo G Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by duder1
    I too have had no luck with DSS and win2008 in 2003 ADS mode and no suggestions on how to make it work. Poor kerberos functions in DSS I think. WHo would use NT4 or straight LDAP in modern win servers these days is beyond me. Bad security, imo G Luck.
    Maybe you don't know but many people use a free system called Linux or systems from Apple Company. They use LDAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky
    Maybe you don't know but many people use a free system called Linux or systems from Apple Company. They use LDAP.
    But i got no luck with a LDAP query too. I configured my Trend Micro Interscan Mail Security Suite to query the Active Directory with LDAP, this works with no problems, but with the DSS i didn't get this working.

No i created the few users on the DSS, so i can access the DSS even if the AD is not accessible... For me it is o.k.

Stefan

Default DSS don't let me use a Windows 2008 R2 domain controller

I have the same problem. I send a message to the e-Open staff. A few weeks later I get a short message that I have to look in this forum for an answer. It seems the e-Open product is not made for Windows users who want to use real security. Any help is welcome but I have the feeling that it is a better idea to look for more modern products with better support.

What version are you using, is it the DSS V6? What was the ticket # that you had with the support case? We do work with the Windows 2008 for the ADS and ACL, in the latest releases of the DSS V6 we have newer version of SAMBA.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube