Visit Open-E website

Thread: Registration

Default Registration

Hi there!

Is there another way to register?

Our Firewall is not willing to let the "DSS Lite Server" to connect to the "Open-E Server".

Regards
    DerFux

Unfortunately there is no other way to register other than to have this connected to activate the DSS LITE with our server to properly provide you the password vi email.

If possible please allow tcp connections to activations.open-e.com on port 10444 from the firewall.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    Unfortunately there is no other way to register other than to have this connected to activate the DSS LITE with our server to properly provide you the password vi email.

If possible please allow tcp connections to activations.open-e.com on port 10444 from the firewall.

hi,
    i'm unable to register the user too. i can fill out the name/surname/email fields but when i hit enter, you can see the "wait while registering"-box followed by a simple "error"-box. no explanation why there's an error or an error-number =(

when i try to ping activations.open-e.com everything looks fine and our firewall is wide open ;o)

i even tried different browsers and operating systems to register. same result every time. and it makes no difference if you configure the server's network adapter with a static ip or by dhcp.

so now i'm stumped. do you have any idea what i'm doing wrong?

tia!

Try "Restore default network settings" in the console screen enter (ALT+CTRL+I), this will place the default back to 192.168.0.220 then enter in the Gateway and DNS settings by entering CTRL + ALT + N for the eth0. Then reboot the system CTRL + ALT + K "System restart" to see if this helps and re-enter the User registration information. Try entering a different user information as well to test (name,email...).
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

that did it... after 4 resets and restarts =o/
    now it works. thanks a bunch todd!