Visit Open-E website
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DSS Version: 5.0 !

Try to update with cdrom option. Verify ISO with the md5 file with your cd rom burning software.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Hmmm, yes ok. But why do I get the error message? The update from 1.32 to 1.37 worked fine for me from the web interface. Now, It doesn't work.

What's the issue there?

This error is stating from translation that the "update could be unpacked". Try again try with the cd and if you are still not able to perfom the update send the log file to support, so we can review this issue.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

CONFIGURATION LOST after Update to 5.0!!!
    Hi, after the manual update to 5.0 all the configuration of dss is lost. The Ip adress is reseted to 192.168.0.220, the password is also reseted to 'admin'. All other configurations are also lost. What wnet wrong. I'm 100% sure, that the option to take over the old configuration was set before rebooting the system.

Any chance to recover the old settings?

OK, everything works fine again :-)

Only the IP Adress, password and the server name were changed. Also some other settings like shares were not restored completely. After updating the system manually to the SETUP and CONFIGURATIONS saved before by the backup functionality everythings is back again.

Why is the updating the system always such a big surprise....