Visit Open-E website

Thread: MS intiator SOOOOO SLOW after reboot

Exclamation MS intiator SOOOOO SLOW after reboot

I can connect just fine with MS intiator and move files from server to iSCSI target at great speeds. For instance I can move a 278 MB file in a few seconds from the server to the target and from the target to the server.

However, once I reboot the server when I try and copy the same file back the dialog box tells me it is going to take 197 minutes and is just crawling. And if I try to move files to the target the box freezes and will eventially come back, but is taking forever to move files.

I have tested this from 2 diferent boxes and get the same results.

we are using the 2.06 MS intiator

I am not sure what is causing the issue.

Our target is on a HP DL380 G3 with the PCI card and Sata DOM
    we have 2 Dual port nics bonded for a total of 4 ports Bonded.
    Server specs
    Dual 3.06 Xeon
    2 GB RAM
    6 x 147 GB 10k SCSI HDs

We have an identical server that we are replicating the data to.

Any errors on the bottom of the left side of the screen. Any chance to see what the Status is of the replication task - could be somehow (don't know why) rebuilding and consuming the IO. Is this bond used for the target and replication? Or 2 NIC's (bonded) for the target and the rest for the replication?

Also wanted to ask about your G3 (sence your the HP man ) - can you test our DSS LITE version FREE and see if it will boot from the USB.

http://www.open-e.com/free/download/
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

No errors on status have a full green check mark on both targets. 1 bond setup replication is set at 40 MB. Yes we can test the DSS lite later this week or early next week.

No errors on the destination server as well? Did this just start happening recently? If so you might want to send me the logs.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

This is the first time we have tried the MS intiator. No errors on the MS side.

Can you create another target that is not replicating and then conect with MS, I want to see if it is related to the replication or the RAID.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

We removed the Bond and are now just using 1 single NIC with Replication on the same NIC and it appears to be working fine now, even after a reboot.

We are going to try and do a bond on 2 ports on that are on the same nic.

Before we had a bond that spanned across 2 nics.

We removed the RR Bond and went to the Active/Backup bond and all seems to be well now. Not sure why the RR bond is so slow on the MS intiator after reboot, but we have fixed our issue although it does not provide as much throughput as the RR bond