Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: webgui with blank screen

Thread has average rating 4.73 / 5.00 based on 11 votes.
Thread has been visited 471155 times.

Default webgui with blank screen

After Installing Open-E DSS lite in a VM and configuring the ip address the console works perfect. But the webgui with https doesn't work. It send the certificat and after accepting a empty (blank) page. What is wrong? Can i look into the boot-log from the console?

Try using Firefox if you are using Internet Explorer. If using I.E. try to clear the certificates or try to clear the cache of Internet Explorer.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

All the same. I've tried it with IE and FireFox. Any other idea?

Can you check with another system maybe some popup blocker or firewall program might be preventing this access to our GUI. Can you ping from the Console tools by accessing CTRL + ALT + T then select the ping option. Also you can reset the certificates by selecting the Time configuration option "0" and just select the defaults.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

I've tried it from other systems, too. It's not a problem from a firewall or a popup blocker. I use a clean firefox installation with no plug-ins!

Pings from outside are replied. From Inside i don't tested it. I do it later.

I think the reset from the certifitate have a done when i look for the correct time settings. He ask me about. I have also tried the "factory default settings".

Just to make sure I understand correctly you are installing Open-E DSS lite in a VM?
    If so can you please test DSS LITE by itself without VM.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Yes, i've installed Open-E DSS lite in a VM. At this moment i can't test it without VM. Is there a problem to run in a VM?

It may very well be the issue as we have not tested this within a VM. Even in our professional versions this will not work.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Default webgui with blank screen too

I have a similar problem with the Open-E DSS lite just like HofMar. The installation on an USB-Stick, the configuration of the IP-Address, Pings from outside/inside and the console don't cause any trouble, but if I try to connect on the webgui with https, it only shows a blank screes after accepting the certificat.

This occurs on Windows as well as on Linux with all kinds of Browsers (Firefox, IE, Opera, etc.)

I don't have a VM system yet, but can you test this without the VM, only just using the DSS LITE just to test. I have a VMware server and I was not able to do this DSS LITE only with the Demo-CD. Also are there any errors on the bottom left side of the screen - showing a red exclamation mark?
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"