Visit Open-E website

Thread: Multiple activations necessary

Default Multiple activations necessary

Hi!

I had DSS Lite registered, activated and running fine.

I did some tests, installed Adaptec SCSI controller, Power Cycle, etc.
    and had to activate again!

If activation is not possible after Jan, 31th i do see major troubles ahead.

Several question:

When is an activation necessary?
    I have proven experiance (i could duplicate several times) that it might be necessary to activate an already activated and working installation again.

Where is the activation stored?

What are the exact circumstances which make a second/third/... activation necessary?

What are we supposed to do AFTER Jan, 31th?

Most of this question - most probably - apply to the 'full' product as well...

You only need to activate this once and all the information is stored on our activation server with the information supplied from the User registration form within the GUI that was completed. Just make sure that your system has a proper gateway and DNS if not it will state "Can not connect to Open-E server". You should see the statement in Product activation: Info : This product is activated for xxx. Even if you try to activate with the same credentials this will inform you that this has already been registered. So all is stored and we can even provide you your password if you have lost it by entering in your email address in the "I have forgotten my password" section.

What are we supposed to do AFTER Jan, 31th?
    Please see link:
    http://forum.open-e.com/showthread.php?t=664

Most of this question - most probably - apply to the 'full' product as well...

No, full versions do not have this registration and activation process. DSS LITE is for free and Open-E has provided this for all to use .
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

I had to activate several times.

I had a working verison. (Product activated for xxx)
    I added a new SCSI controller, etc.
    Rebooted.
    System said: Please go to product activation.

All information was already there as previously entered. I just clicked activate again.

Product told me activation was successful and i had two identical licenses listed.

Is this working as desigend?

I'm having the same problem with the activation. We are behind a corporate firewall/proxy and it is impossible to connect to the open-e activation server.

At home the activation works perfect (the open-e is already activated), but at my work the activation no longer works (Error Cannot connect to Open-E server)

Is their a possibility to do a permanent offline activation for dss-lite with a key?

From your office location make sure the Firewall and or Router allow tcp connections to activations.open-e.com on port 10444 and verify with ping opetion in Console tools CTRL + ALT + T. Your home Firewall/Router maybe less restrictive then the office. Currently we only offer online activation for DSS LITE.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube