Visit Open-E website

Thread: No units available

Default No units available

Hi ASUS P4P800-VM

P-ATA drive an onboard controller (i also tried a Promise Fasttrack) does not show up as available drive.

DMESQ download shows that the kernel does find the drive (and the controller HW) without any problems. The drive is just no available in the configuration page.

Strange...

Try to use the Software RAID function in our GUI in Setup > SW RAID. Create a RAID set "RAID 0 or 1" on the Promise Fasttrack. Check firmware updates on the a Promise. For the PATA option try with the drives connected to the motherboard not using any onboard RAID controller (we don't support onboard RAID controllers) just set to single drives.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

The drives are recognized regardless where i connect them! (Onboard, Promise, etc.)

They just do no appear anywhere in the config. I am not able to access them by web interface. No way to do a Raid, volume, etc.

I agree this is strange, can we test with one of the IDE drives connected to the motherboard then set in BIOS Compatible or Enhanced modes and or P-ATA ports only.
    Try setting the BIOS back to defaults as well. If all else fails try downloading the Demo-CD version of DSS and see if this repeats itself.

Link for the DSS Demo-CD:

http://www.open-e.com/data_storage_s...l_cd_downloads
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Looks like there is something broken in DSS lite regarding.

I just changed the harddisk from a 8.4GB model to a 20GB model and kept everything else identical and things started to work.

units is available and even my config issues (other thread) are no solved.

With the new drive and the new USB stick all config is now gone.

Looks like the system did find the 8.4GB drive, even stored the config on the drive, but did not present it in the gui...

With the 20gb model everything is working as expected.

BTW, the 8.4GB drive had some invalid partition table entries from previous other tests. This could be the cause of the problem. But i would expect DSS to be able to utilize a drive regardless of any prior data content.

I think in over 20,000+ downloads this would be an isolated incident. As I had tried to replicate this issue and only thing left would be hardware related - USB stick or drives. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for not giving up as others will benefit from this. It is hard to replicate most issues in the lab, if you know what I mean.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"