Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Registration problem

Default Registration problem

Hi,

I can't register my version of DSS Lite (V. 5.0.DL.37000000.2974, 2008-01-08) because the input fields of the "product activation" are deactivated with the error message "can't connect to open-e server". I'm sure that my network configuration is correct because I can register as a new user within the same page. When I fill out the form I sucessfully get my account respectively I get an error message that my email address is already in use. So the communiction to your server must be ok. I also tried to "reset" the configuration by using the default network settings and then configuring the getway and DNS IP addresses and rebooting the device. Without theese settings I receive the error message for the registration as well. When I commit theese settings at least the registration works.

I have no firewall in use and a telnet connection on activations.open-e.com on port 10444 done with another host in the same subnet is successfully established.

I tried to get this thing working with IE7 and Firefox (both latest versions). Could it be that there's a bug in my version of DSS lite?

Thanks for your answer!

Looks as though you have done all the correct things to make this work. Try to use a new user with different email address to see if this helps. I had the first version (older) then tested with your version V. 5.0.DL.37000000.2974 and issued a new name for the "User registration" also tested with the "I have forgotten my password" function as well and was able verify that this version is working. This was tested on a regular cable modem with a NATed backend (192.168.0.220, Gateway and DNS 192.168.0.200 "Static").
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

I have exactly the same problem. I did configure my firewall to let the DSS-Lite communicate with activations.open-e.com port 10444. Then I was be able to register and got the email reply with the password. But under activation I still get the error message that DSS-Lite cannot connect to the Open-E server. Do I need to open more ports?

I don't see why we should try to register another email address or reset the NIC configuration, if we did configure it well. But I did try as you advised and it is still not working. So I guess either I need to open some more ports or the activation server does not work. Or can NAT be the problem?

Tanks,
    Marcus

Default Open-E DSS Lite Registration Woes

Perhaps something is offline with the registration servers? I've a big HOLE in my firewall from the DSS Lite machine to the Internet as a whole. The only connection I see in my log is an ICMP ping from my machine to 88.198.24.38.

Try entering the email address you used when you registered in "I have forgotten my password" and see if this kicks it off. If it still does not work send us an email at support@open-e.com to check that it is registered.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

I cannot enter the email address because the field in the form are not accessible. I get error cannot contact to Open-E server above the activation form and above the forgotten password form. There seems to be some logic in the GUI which makes the fields in the form unaccessible if the error occurs.

And I did send an email to the Open-E support on wednesday, still got no reply.

If you are running a static IP, make sure you configure your gateway, netmask and broadcast, and check if there is any firewall preventing u from connecting

Default Still No Active Fields

Hello To-M

I've reset my TCP/IP properties several times on my test DSS-LITE server. As other have expressed in this thread, all of the fields in the registration form are disabled and the following error occurs:

Error
    Can't connect to Open-E server.
    Please check internet connection of your server: IP, gateway, DNS settings. Please also check your firewall settings - port 10444, TCP should be opened.

I have a hole in my organizational firewall right now between my server and yours. Do you have any other suggestions for us to look at?

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus
    I cannot enter the email address because the field in the form are not accessible. I get error cannot contact to Open-E server above the activation form and above the forgotten password form. There seems to be some logic in the GUI which makes the fields in the form unaccessible if the error occurs.

And I did send an email to the Open-E support on wednesday, still got no reply.
    Marcus,

Can you tell me if you are behind a Cisco PIX firewall/router. We have had reports from others that placed the DSS LITE in a specified DMZ port and it worked.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

We're using Microsoft ISA Server as firewall. Since I allowed port 10444 I can use the registration form, but the for the activation form and the forgotten password form, I still get the "cannot connect to Open-E server" error and cannot fill the forms.