Visit Open-E website

Thread: No Units with Adaptec 2230S on DSS Lite

Default No Units with Adaptec 2230S on DSS Lite

The driver gets loaded. The CLI is available. The system seems to know about the controller. There is a RAID0 volume with 1.6TB available. Why Open-E doesn't see it and allow me to create a volume out of it, I don't know....

Any ideas Tom?

Try the rescan button and then reboot the system to see if it is available in the Unit manager. Are you able to connect to it with the Adaptec Storage Manager software? Also is this the only storage device in the system and you have 1GB of RAM for DSS LITE. Hope this helps, another idea is to download the demo cd of DSS this way we can see if it something we need to look into.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Default Doesn't work with ISCSI R3 Either..

So I also tried with iSCSI R3. It doesn't see the controller either - yet the controller is listed as a supported one.....

The server is a 2X Opteron 200 procs (dual core), 4GB of RAM of the Penguin brand...

Since I'm also having the problem with r3, what do you suggest I do? Rescanning doesn't work

Also, I cannot connect to it with Storage Manager. Should I be able to do this remotely?

Is the RAID still working on the RAID that you have created or is it completed? If this is the only storage set in the DSS LITE try just creating with single drive. Also did you test with DSS not iSCSI-R3 as there are recent updates with the DSS Demo. You should be able to use the Adaptec software to see the RAID. We should be able to connect with the Storage manager, try these steps below also check that firewall is not blocking port. If this does not work try recreate the RAID again or just to test just use one drive. Is the firmware up to date on the Adaptec. After that we need to see the log files of the Demo-CD logs.

1. In Adaptec Storage Manager push Add button to add next managed system
    2. Leave type "Managed system (Internal RAID)" and port "34,571"
    3. Enter "192.168.93.92" (your Open-E server IP) in Host name/IP addres
    4. Enter "raid" in "User name" and "Password" entry.
    5. Push connect.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Okay, I updated the BIOS for the Raid card and that seems to have resolved my issues..