Visit Open-E website

Thread: Move DSS lite from US to CD-ROM

Default Move DSS lite from US to CD-ROM

Hi,
    I have installed and tested DSS lite using a USB stick on my laptop. However the system I want to use DSS lite does not have an option to boot from a USB device. Is there a way to move the DDS lite to a CD-ROM and run it from it on that system?
    Thanks
    Samir

Currently DSS LITE is only designed for USB-stick.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Angry alternate install?

I too do not have a USB bootable PC so I took a 40 GB drive and an IDE-USB adapter and installed to the hard drive from my laptop - I then installed the 40 GB drive in a PC and it booted OK. From a different PC on the network I can ping the IP but I can't log in. I can access tools, etc. on the dss PC but not from the network.

Any ideas???

Thanks
    JimT

Does this happen only on this system or any way you can test on another system (make sure to have a the hardware requirments 1GB RAM + 2.4GHz+ CPU). Try reapplying the Gateway and DNS settings from Console CTRL + ALT + N and test with Firefox.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Cool Alternate install

I tried with another system and was able to get to the login - I get a status notification that I assume is related to minimum requirements - this pc only has 512 mb

I'll try to scrounge up some more ram and try it again

Thanks,
    JimT

Quote Originally Posted by jimt
    I too do not have a USB bootable PC so I took a 40 GB drive and an IDE-USB adapter and installed to the hard drive from my laptop - I then installed the 40 GB drive in a PC and it booted OK. From a different PC on the network I can ping the IP but I can't log in. I can access tools, etc. on the dss PC but not from the network.

Any ideas???

Thanks
    JimT
    That's very creative, let us know if it works.