Visit Open-E website

Thread: Change Controller

Default Change Controller

Follow question:

Is possible to Change the HDD Controller after activation of DSS-LITE ?

Example, DSS-Lite as be activated with SCSI Controller, Logical Volume as be created.
    I would change the Controller and HDD from SCSI to SATA.

Must the DSS Activated be again ? Is Activation keyed/restricted with the System
    ( Server/Motherboard ) or is the Registration keyed/restricted with all other components like HDD Controller etc.... ?

From Todd's information I know that you will need to reactivate your system after such change because activation is to specific hardware.

Is a question, what is mean witch "Specific hardware" ? And wich sense make this Lite Version ? Lucky, i don't think that the Registration is keyed to ALL Hardware, propable is this keyed to Motherboard, but not more as than.

Again, otherview not make any sense to use this Software, because the risk it to high in case any Defective such as ETH Controller, HDD Controller etc....

Activation is related to the hardware list, to view this, access the Console tools in "Hardware info" (ALT+CTRL+H), only exception is recreation of the Units, Soft Raids and Tape devices.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

My opinion is the same, din't not make any sense to use this Lite Version with Full restriction of all Hardware, because nobody is able to Spare's all Part.

I think here make more sense, Open-e create a next Release of "Lite 2 GB" as Low cost like "Pay by each Activation key" but with full Hardware Support.

I'am me very sure this have a better reason by Customer and by Open-e.

This First Lite Release is surely a great Tools for Game and understand Open-e but no for Productive Environment

We do have a low cost DSS 4TB and 8TB version. The only problem is over 97% have thanked us personally for providing this opportunity for them and they did not have any problems purchasing extra hardware.

If we have them pay for the 2TB the 97% will be very upset. So in the end it is hard to please everyone even 3%. We will decide after January 31st if we will allow for certain conditions to re-activate .
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube