Visit Open-E website
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cmnd_abort

reviewed the hardware this morning and did a firmware-upgrade on the 9550SXU to 3.08xxxx. Maybe this speeds things up...

Processor: Opteron 285
    mem: 8GB

Cheers
    Matthias

Well..

That dindn't helped..
    still getting cmd_abort and
    XFS: bad magic number
    XFS: SB validate failed
    attempt to access beyond end of device
    dm-6: rw=0, want=354, limit=352
    isofs_fill_super: bread failed, dev=dm-6, iso_blknum=88, block=176
    UDF-fs: No VRS found
    XFS: bad magic number
    XFS: SB validate failed

looks like I'll trash Open-e and use GNBD, since I need a working solution..

cheers

Matthias

Lightbulb

Okay, I guess I'm kind of necro-bumping an old post, but we have a customer who is getting lots of these cmnd_abort(1143) errors. They are using the old build 3278. Obviously, the Atlanta build uses a different iscsi target framework by default (it uses SCST vs. old IET). So, this will most likely fix the problem, right?

(Also, we're making the changes suggested in the knowledge base article regarding buffer lengths for the iscsi target.) We are also enabling disk write cache, which we've seen to GREATLY increase performance when using 7200rpm drives and the Areca 1680 controller (rebuild times decrease by a full order of magnitude).

I saw this link - could be something.

https://forums.openfiler.com/viewtopic.php?id=1654
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Lightbulb

Yeah, this seems to confirm it. open-filer uses IET, I believe. While googling, I only really saw "cmnd_abort(1143)" when refering to IET. So, either this issue isn't a problem for SCST or SCST gives a different error name/number. Good to know!

Correct, they use IET as well and we now use SCST - though we have IET as well that is switchable.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube