Visit Open-E website

Thread: Console password reset

Default Console password reset

I remember the default console password is admin. I had a unsuccessful reset when trying to unlock the console, apparently there was certain characters LITE didn't like. Now the console is locked, default password doesn't work anymore. What can we do?
    Thanks.

Reset the password back to defaults by going into the Console screen and enter CTRL + ALT + P
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Todd, your quick response makes my head spin.
    I left my GUI open in a brower window, so I was also able to unlock the console and set the password in GUI.
    One note I would like to make is that LITE doesn't like certain characters, but we are able to use it in GUI, it just won't work on console. Am I understanding it right?

For GUI access password cannot contain:

* characters: ' " `,
    * spaces.

For Remote Access:

* characters: ' " ` ^ & $ # [ ] \/ | *,
    * spaces.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    For GUI access password cannot contain:

* characters: ' " `,
    * spaces.

For Remote Access:

* characters: ' " ` ^ & $ # [ ] \/ | *,
    * spaces.

And console access is same as remote access?

Remote access by ssh port 22222 password is different. Console access to Extended tools is the same as the login GUI password.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Remote access by ssh port 22222 password is different. Console access to Extended tools is the same as the login GUI password.
    That's what I understood. But my previous GUI password contains ^, it worked with GUI, but not on console. Basically, if I set administrator password in GUI and it contains ^, the console password remains admin. That's what we experienced.
    Also, I just found out, if console is locked, it won't respond to C+A+P. So we seem to need a different approach if password is lost and console is locked, but that situation is a bit extreme.

This is correct when using the lock console without password. Sorry for the inconvenience but this will not change. So if possible try to use the function of locking console with password.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

This is correct when using the lock console without password. Sorry for the inconvenience but this will not change. So if possible try to use the function of locking console with password.
    We have no problem with that, since it's documented now.