Visit Open-E website

Thread: SMB Services FAIL

Default SMB Services FAIL

Hello,

I have downloaded and installed DSS LITE and must say that I am impressed with the product. I am having a problem though with the samba services. I have made all the necessary volumes and configured NAS services. After that I successfully bound the server to my ADS domain and set up the initial share. My problem is that SMB services will only run for about 30 seconds before failing. During that time, I can browse and copy files just fine.

When I click on Status->System both SMB Transfer ad Naming services read fail. If I reset the smb connections, they show active and switch back to FAIL in 30 seconds or so.

The only thing in the logs that I have noticed is under the log for nmbd and it reads "Caught SIGTERM: Going down...." Over and Over.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Chris

SIGTERM is the default signal sent to a process by the kill all commands. It causes the termination of a process.

Check the time and if there are any event ID errors on the MS server. Also, check ur Network..

Actually I think I found the problem, on the last reboot the product seems to de-activated itself. When I activated it again (from the product activation tab) everything works. The problem is that every time I restart the server, I need to activate the product. Is there any way to keep this activated so I do not have to constantly do this?

Thanks,
    Chris