Visit Open-E website

Thread: NAS problem with Active Directory

Default NAS problem with Active Directory

Hello,

I have a problem attaching open-e NAS 2.0 to Windows Server 2003 R2 Active Directory

I can access the NAS share correctly using it's ip address. When I browse the windows network, I see the NAS server under the correct domain, but when I click the server I get:

\\Storage is not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out out if you have access permissions.

The account is not authorized to log in from this station.

I have tried both PDC and ADS authentication methods. The NAS can see the users and the security groups from the domain AD and it also authenticates correctly when I use:

\\ip_address\share_name

but not when I use

\\NAS_server_name\share

Also it doesn't work if I just type:

\\ip_address\

I have been trying to get this working without success for several days. Do you have any solution for this?

Best regards,

Andy

Check sytsem Time

Yes, they are correct. I mean both servers are in sync.

I have a similar problem.
    I can access the share under the IP address but when I browse the windows network, I see the NAS server under the correct domain, but when I click the server I get:

\\Storage is not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out out if you have access permissions.

The account is not authorized to log in from this station.

Default NAS problem with Active Directory

Hi Patrick,

You could try re-adding the user account in the GUI; also, you might add a super user there to see if that level has access.

You can check the error log for your Kerberos as well as the logs in Event Viewer in your Active Directory server.

Have you tried accessing the share as Administrator from inside your AD server?

Best wishes,

Asaph