Visit Open-E website

Thread: DSS Lite and ADS Problems

Question DSS Lite and ADS Problems

Hallo @ all,

We need some help with DSS Lite and Active Directory Service. We already have a Server with AD and it works. Now we would like to use it with DSS Lite.

Can somebody write us a step-by-step "how to", that all our Users in ADS can use the DSS Lite Samba Folders.

Many Thanks for help.

Philip

Quote Originally Posted by Philip21
    Hallo @ all,

We need some help with DSS Lite and Active Directory Service. We already have a Server with AD and it works. Now we would like to use it with DSS Lite.

Can somebody write us a step-by-step "how to", that all our Users in ADS can use the DSS Lite Samba Folders.

Many Thanks for help.

Philip
    You have "Authentication method" in NAS settings. There is option to connect to ADS. If connection went fine you will have users that can be assigned to shares in NAS resources.

Question

In the option to connect to ADS I have to click "Windows (ADS)",

then I have to type in:

"Realm" of the ADS Server: adsserver [example]
    KDC (ADS Server) IP: 192.168.0.1 [example]

Administrator-Account

Name: Administrator

[here we can't use symbols like: @ / \. , so: Administrator@domain and domäne\administrator doesn't work]

Passwort: test [Domain-Password]

and if I type:

Name: administrator
    Passwort: test [Domain-Password]

and apply it the DSS Lite works a litte bit, and after that complet NAS Setting page is down. The page is work again after I restart the DSS Lite.

Can you or somebody tell me how do I have to type in the ADS settings in DSS Lite?

Thank for help

Philip21,

Try this , I tried it and it works.. It works in my lab...

Connect to windows domain:
    1. Go to Open-E NAS web interface Setup->Nas server setup 2. Select ADS or PDC (deepens on your system - if you have NT4 Domain or Windows 2003 (with no Kerberos* fix) then select PDC, else select ADS).
    3. Enter your domain name - in PDC this will by the short domain name (example. COMPANY) in ADS enter full domain name (example. COMPANY.COM.DE).
    4. Enter your domain/Kerberos server IP
    5. Enter name and password of an existing Administrator user account on your domain.
    6. Click Apply to join into domain.

Red face

Many Thanks SuperSAN and Lucky for you help.

It is working now with PDC.