Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DDS Lite activation for existing clients

Default DDS Lite activation for existing clients

Typically I have a system that's hung overnight, that's run fine for a while.
    When I've restarted it, it says I now have to reactivate, but it won't let me as you've now reduced the lite version from 2Tb to 1Tb and I have 1.6Tb of disks with data on them.

I have a valid email, password and haven't changed the machine etc, but all I get is:
    DSS Lite activation failed.
    The promotional offer for DSS Lite 2TB version has expired.
    Please visit http://www.open-e.com, and check out our new DSS Lite 1TB
    promotion.

Have I now lost the use of this system or is there a way to get this working again.
    Typically I've been called into work as user has put data on this etst system that's nt available elsewhere!

Thanks

So - no reply anyone.

Best hope it doesn't happen to you then...

I think there is some problem with the USB disk. This can cause issue that activation was not stored and that system will hangs. The activation system does not check if it is 1TB or 2TB version.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    I think there is some problem with the USB disk. This can cause can cause issue that activation was not stored and that system will hangs. The activation system does not check if it is 1TB or 2TB version.
    Really? Why then do I get a mail back to my account from your servers saying I cannot activate as the 2Tb offer has finished?

I've mailed support a couple of times but have yet to have a response, which is disappointing and rather puts me off using the full product if I can't get support on the trial.

Default Same Problem

Hello,

I've the same problem like DH1.

I registered the 2TB Version on the 31th in Jan. I revieved an eMail which told me the product is activated now. But yesterday I started the machine which want to be registered again. When I try this I get the same answer like DH1.

Default Same problem here

Registered on 31 Jan, got password.
    Today i have to re-register and it is not accepted.
    Tried it again and again with newly created usb stick etc. No success.
    Extremely disappointing and no good advertising for your products ...

Default Activation problem

Same here, activation is not working.

They invited to download DSS-Lite 2TB on jan 29th and one day later the offer apparently expired.

Neat marketing trick

The worst is that they don't react on any of these problems.

Same problem here. Please respond to this. My 2TB system (which was activated and working) now wants to be activated again. Doing so fails as I get the email saying only 1TB can be activated now.

We will need the email that was sent to you from the registration. Next week we will have procedure for this issue to recreate information on pen-drive. Send email to support@open-e.com with the information that was sent to you.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Default Activation problem with DSS Lite 2Tb

Hi All,

I have downloaded DSS Lite 2Tb during the promotional offer period.
    I have activated DSS Lite and i have a valid email, password.
    It was working fine.

Due to some of my hardware problem i have connected my pen drive ( With DSS Lite 2Tb )
    to another machine which has different configuration.
    But now its not activating when i use my existing DSS Lite email and password for activation.
    I have received a mail from DSS Lite :
    DSS Lite activation failed.
    The promotional offer for DSS Lite 2TB version has expired.
    Please visit http://www.open-e.com, and check out our new DSS Lite 1TB
    promotion.

Thanks in advance
    Siva