Visit Open-E website

Thread: Mutiple connection to an ISCSI volume

Question Mutiple connection to an ISCSI volume

Hi All,

Has anyone come across multiple ISCSI connections to a DSS Lite Volume ( same volume ) and been getting data cached and not written to the drive.

E.G.

I have 2 machine connected with different usernames. machine 1 copies loads of files to the and looks as though it completes, all the files are accessable ( it seems, but i have not tested every file ) on the second machine only some of the files show or none of the files show

when i reboot the first machine and connect back into the Iscsi drive, some of the file i copied are not there or the folder is not there.

i have tried this from other machines and get the same results.

There is a possibility that the HDD in the Nas machine is buggered but it came from a working machine ( HDD was part of a raid )

Could this be todo with 2 machines connection to the same ISCSI volume ???

Are both systems writing to the same target and LUN? If so we do not support this. Just want to make sure before you start spending additional time.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

It should work but not with standard filesystem like NTFS or FAT. You need special filesystem for SAN based solutions !

Hi All,

Yes it was to the sam lun and target using different usernames and passwords.
    if this is not possible then would it be possible to create different luns under the same target to allocate to different machines..

It was formatted with NFTS.

Kind Regards,

Stuart

I don't know why it is not possible - iSCSI allow that ! But NTFS will get corrupted when two or more hosts will work on such partition.

Please use such filesystem as :
    http://www.ibm.qassociates.co.uk/sto...san-filesystem

Hi Lucky,

That link does not work, unable to find ducument

do you have another link ? may have go trucated.

But if the ISCSI software (DSS) does not support it, wont you get the same results regardless of what format you use ???

Cheers,

Stuart

I am not sure about the other issue...

But different LUNS under same target absolutely should work...

Thanks very much everyone for your responces

Regards,

Stuart