Visit Open-E website

Thread: New NFS shares not mounting

Default New NFS shares not mounting

Sometimes when I create a new NFS share, it becomes available immediately to NFS clients. Most of the time, though, the NAS responds with `No such file or directory' when a client tries to mount a newly-created NFS share. This condition persists until I restart the NAS (possibly just restarting the NFS service would suffice, but I haven't had occasion to try that yet).

The directories in question do exist, and their permissions are correct. `showmount -e' on the client also lists the new shares correctly. The NAS is running DSS ver. 5.0_42 build 3007, though the problem also occurred with a previous version. Any idea what's causing this?

-Michael

Hello,

I want to help but for me or anybody else, we need to know what NFS version u r running? UDP or TCP?

are you using: mount -t nfs -o tcp,nolock,wsize=8192,rszie=8192 ip_address:/share/share /mnt/point

or sth else????

I mount with:
    Code:
    mount -t nfs -o noatime,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 nas_ip:/share/share_name /mount_path
    I have tried various different mount options, but they don't seem to affect the problem.