Visit Open-E website

Thread: Shut Down Schedule

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Shut Down Schedule

Hi,

I just have bought the NAS-XSR SMB module and I'm really missing a scheduler for shut-down the system. I mean this is a server software, and I would expect to see such a functionality even in the SMB version and not only in the enterpreise version. I think this is more important than a virus scheduler or the virus functionality at all.
    Is it planned for the next releases of the SMB version to implement a scheduler for the shut down?

best regards
    Paul

The majority of the requests has been for AntiVirus in the NAS-XSR SMB and not for Scheduled Restart. In the NAS-XSR Enterprise we have this available. All products are available for review by downloading the Demo-CD's on our website to see and use the functions that are designed for each of the product series. We encourage everyone to do this as each environment has specific needs. I am not sure if this will be added in any of the future releases but please check often.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

I know that you offer all of your versions as a demo cd. But the SMB version already covers 90% of our needs. I just wanted to say that I would like to see this funtction in the new releases of the SMB version. I mean a normal shut down scheduler is nothing that special that it should be only reserved for "enterprise" solutions. Even small clients are dependent on such functionality without thinking in "enterprise" formats. Bit I know it's all about trade offs...

Thank you very much
    Paul

Thanks for the response - I will ask our engineers about this but not sure if it will happen. Over 85% of our products being purchased are Enterprise versions and they would like to keep focus on the leading product lines. Thanks again for understanding.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Hi Todd,

I just thought a little bit longer about it. I even think that a shut-down scheduler is even more important for "small" clients than for "enterprise" clients. Enterprise solutions normally run theirs servers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year without shutting them down. Especially the smaller clients (in our case a dentist practice) have the need of it. We don't have patients at weekends, so we would like the server to shut down on Friday night after all backups are done and nobody is in the pracice anymore.

Do you have a workaround?

Paul

I have discussed this with our development team and there are no future planes to implement this in NAS-XSR SMB, it was designed from the beginning for Enterprise versions.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"