Visit Open-E website

Thread: scheduled snapshot

Default scheduled snapshot

Hi there!
    I would like to have 7 activated snapshots for the same NAS Volume. The snapshots should "reactivated" again every week. That means that the first snapshot (for Monday) should be automatically activated on Monday morning 6.00 and then be deactivated on Sunday evening at 11.00. The second one should be activated on Tueday morning 6.00 and deactivated on Monday evening 11.00 (all scheduled).
    Is that possible?
    Regards
    Manfred

You ca not set each snapshot to run for a whole week... you can assign 7 snapshots for 7 days. as each snapshots can be set for 24 hours... You can set this schadual to run weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAN
    You ca not set each snapshot to run for a whole week... you can assign 7 snapshots for 7 days. as each snapshots can be set for 24 hours... You can set this schadual to run weekly.
    I do not agree - if snapshot is gig enough then could be able to run whole week. Just create 7 snapshots and schedule one to be activated in Monday with start for example at 7:00 AM and stop at 6:50 AM, one in Tuesday with the same time, etc... Such snapshots will work for 7 days.

Hello!

I want the snapshot from Monday be accessable on Thursday (for example). And on next Monday a new snapshot should be scheduled.

So configure one big snapshot with start at 6:00 AM and stop at 5:50 AM on Monday.

Thx, that works!

Now I have 6 snapshots Monday 6:00 to Monday 5:55 up to Saturday.

Works fine so far!!

Regards
    Manfred