Visit Open-E website

Thread: Adaptec Storage Manager Password

Default Adaptec Storage Manager Password

Dear All

Im using Open-E ISCSI R3 with an Adaptec SAS RAID Controller 3805.
    I have configured my logical devices in the Adaptec Bios.

Now I have installed the Adaptec Storage Manager on a Management Server and like to manage my Controller.
    Unfortunatly I don't know the default Username and Password for that Agent.

Can someone provide me this credentials?

Best Regards

Try "raid" for User name and Password.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Default It works

Thanks for your replay.

The provided credentials worked fine.
    Is there a possiblility to change these credentials?

Best Regards

I believe you have to set this in the Adaptec Storage Manager GUI.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Hi All

The provieded credentials worked fine, but im unable to change anything in the storage manager except blinking the devices!

This evening i putted 4 new drives in the server. I was unable to initialize or create an array on those drives, because all changing options are inactive.

Please provide me the right username and password!

I have now rebooted the server and created the array without any problems in the adaptec bios.

The response to your question: No, it is not possible, please provide me also a possiblility to change the password.

Frustrating Regards

Try "raid-admin" try reseting the controller also try "admin" but typically we know it as raid. Try contacting Adaptec. Maybe someting happened in the install that you need to use your host system username and password.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Default Resetting didn't help

I have now resetted the controller config. but im unable to change anything on the controller.

i have also contacted adaptec. they told me, that the credentials are stored in the software on the server. They told me also, that open-e is responsible for the credentials, because the software is preinstalled.

ok, how we go on?

Regards

I am running the Adaptec 3405 and just reset from the GUI Setup > HW RAID the clicked on the "reset" button, then restarted the system. Once fully rebooted, loaded the Adaptec Storage Manager then selected the Remote menu, select Remote Add, or click (Add) on the toolbar. The "Add managed system" window opens. From the Type drop-down list, select: Managed system (Internal RAID), to add a managed system with internal RAID storage. Now enter the IP Address of the Open-E (leave the default port). Then enter the user name "raid" and password "raid".

You should be good to go, if not check to see if you have any firewalls blocking the port.

From the GUI help.

If an Adaptec RAID series controller is installed, you can use a command line tool in the console tools (press F1 in the console to list available keyboard shortcuts) or the Adaptec Storage Manager tool. When connecting remotely to the Adaptec Storage Manager tool, the default user and password are raid.

Reset
    Restores factory default settings for the Adaptec Storage Manager.

Note
    It is not recommended to change the Agent system base port number (in the Agent system port menu) in Adaptec Storage Manager, because this may cause other services to malfunction.
    SETUP -> H/W RAID -> Function: Adaptec administration.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"