Visit Open-E website

Thread: Can't see a target on Disk Administrator

Default Can't see a target on Disk Administrator

Hi,

I created 2 volume group (VG00, VG01) onto 2 RAID5: each volume group on his unique RAID5. Created a logical 'iscsi' volume (LV0000) on the VG00 and run/checked the "initialize" option: after a while the GUI showed a check in the "init" option of the logical volume LV0100.
    When finished i successfully created a Target with that logical volume LV0100. Until this point everything was correct.
    Nex I tried the same with the second volume group VG01 and created a logical 'iscsi' volume LV0100, but the "initialize" process did nothing and the system showed "THIS LOGICAL VOLUME IS SET AS DESTINATION VOLUME IN VOLUME REPLICATION. INFORMATION ABOUT INITIALIZATION IS UNAVAILABLE" and the GUI showed a "N/A" the "init" option of the logical volume LV0100. Finally i cretad aTarget for this logical volume LV0100.
    The question is: why can i see both targets on the MS Windows Initiator, but i can only see
    the first of them on the MS Windows Disk Administrator?

I am using OPEN-E 5.0.DB42000000.3007 (28/02/05)
    and the MS iSCSI Initiator on a Windows 2003 Server Machine

Thanks in advance,

mmm... jgcaudet lets try to dismount your target... Do this from the GUI then try to remount it again...

Let me know if this make the trick

Hi Joey,

thanks for your response, but didn't work, but after deleting and creating the logical volumes ( an restarting the system) for 3 times, i was able to mark the "init" option without problems. I really don't know why, but it worked.