Visit Open-E website

Thread: Remote conections

Default Remote conections

Hi, I am having problems connecting to my iSCSI drives from remote sites. I have set up port forwarding on my router and when I use the public IP in Microsoft iSCSI initiator I can see my targets but I always get a connection failed message. Any help would be gratefull!!

Make sure that your NICs are fine.. Failed connection could be ralted to network...

Are you using open-e certified hardware?? check the list from their web site..

What are the speeds for the connection - I recomend min. of 512K dedicated (more is better).
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Thanks for your replys.

I can get the targets working fine if I am on my local network or if I use my VPN connection so I am not sure if mt NIC is the cause. My internet speeds are 8Mb down and 1Mb up so again I should be allright.

I just can't get a direct connection while using the public IP. I want to use the public IP becauase the remote machines are going to backup important account data to my server and the VPN makes the connection quite slow. Also I don't want the servers bouncing all their internet requests through my machine!

Hope this sheds some more light on my situation!

Make sure that the tcp ports 12000-13999 are open. What are the ping results. We recomend VPN connection for this configuration.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube