Visit Open-E website

Thread: DSS Demo CD on USB drive

Default DSS Demo CD on USB drive

Hi!

I am looking to test open-E DSS on Intel SSR212MC2 using open-E DSS demo CD, but the box doesn't have a CD drive. Is it possible to have the demo CD transferred to USB drive and run the trial version from USB drive?

Thanks.

If your board have the possibility to start from USB drive it should be no problem. Also take care of the stick selection. Not every USB stick has the possibility to boot from.

So, do I just dd iso image onto USB? It didn't seem to work... I also tried to create a bootable USB drive for DSS lite and put the files from DSS demo CD onto there and modify syslinux.cfg to point to DSS demo kernel and initrd. The boot did go through, but I got the "System corrupted" after "Loading..." message of DSS.

Would you happen to have instructions on how to create bootable USB drive from DSS demo iso?

Thanks!

Exclamation

yeah, DSSpower is just wrong. you cant take a demo CD and move it onto a USB stick.

Syslinux vs Isolinux

what you could do is get a USB cdrom and probably boot from that or just try the DSS-Lite.

Quote Originally Posted by netsyphon
    yeah, DSSpower is just wrong. you cant take a demo CD and move it onto a USB stick.

Syslinux vs Isolinux

what you could do is get a USB cdrom and probably boot from that or just try the DSS-Lite.
    ok thats just new for me. Sorry for the wrong information!