Visit Open-E website

Thread: Can't access Web GUI

Angry Can't access Web GUI

Hi,

I have DSS lite installed on a 1GB Flash card in a IDE adapter, in an IBM 5100 11Y Netfinity server.
    1.7GB RAM
    2x 667Mhz PIII
    IBM ServRAID L4
    100GB RAID 5 Ultra 160 (4x 36gb 10k scsi)

Now i know the CF card and an IDE adapter is not the recormended path, but i have tested the card in a Dell Optiplex GX520 (Intel D core) and it worked fine. I have also tested it via a USB card adapter on my HP nx6325 laptop (AMD Turon 64 x2).

The same install worked fine and after changing the static IP to 10.100.3.4 the web GUI was accessible.

When installed in the IBM box there is an error on boot, ilegal argument, but this does not stop the boot to the config screen.

System is ping able, and will ping out too.
    System time has been reset and a new certificate generated.

Error on the WebGUI is certificate from 127.0.0.1. accept and you just get a white page. refresh the page and you get page can not be found in IE and in Firefox you get the white page still.

Any ideas?

Help????

Adam

Try to clear the certificates or try to clear the cache of Internet Explorer.

Check system maybe some popup blocker or firewall program might be preventing this access to our GUI. Can you ping from the Console tools by accessing CTRL + ALT + T then select the ping option. Also you can reset the certificates by selecting the Time configuration option "0" and just select the defaults.

Hi,

Yep tried that alread. I have moved the CF card to a HP Evo D31m desktop and it worked straight out of the box. It musn't like the IBM mother board, at a guess its to do with the SMP and memory addressing. I'll think its time for the skip for the box. Tried FreeNAS and OpenFiler on it today, just to test. FreeNAS works till you stress it to much then it locks. Open filer wont work after install unless there is only 128MB RAM installed in the box.

It was made in 1998 so its time to put it to rest i think. Same really drives are just wasted and i have 3 more boxes like that. Ah well

Are you are installing Open-E DSS lite in a VM?
    If so can you please test DSS LITE by itself without VM.