Visit Open-E website

Thread: Maximum physical capacity

Thread has average rating 5.00 / 5.00 based on 7 votes.
Thread has been visited 20475 times.

Default Maximum physical capacity

Hello,

I have got an open-e nas enterprise system attached to a 3ware 9500-12 controller. The array size is below 2Tb. I'd like to boost this up to 4 Tb or more. Before I buy the drives, is there a maximum size of the physical array the system can handle?

Thanks, regards

The NAS Enterprise version does not have the option to expand
    your exisiting Volume group.
    Expansion can only be done in the NAS-XSR and DSS, R3 family.

You will have to save you data then recreated the raid for 4 TB or leave everything and create 2 - 2TB Volumes

Question

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. No problem to save the data somewhere else. So I understand that the NAS enterprise/3ware 9500S-12 combination *can* address 4 Tb, either combining more subvolumes or all at once, right? Consider this everything is running on a 32 bit system.

(I understand the question may sound naive, but I'm no expert and... better ask before buying the drives!)

Cheers,

cosmotov

Informative topic Well now yet i have no problem with my accessories but if i have some i will discuss with all of you.
    thanks

Default Max physical capacity

The speed at which the data is made available is measured in data throughput and latency. In general, a good NAS system will be characterized by a high throughput and a low latency.

How can i extent Physical memory capacity...

Quote Originally Posted by cosmotov View Post
    Hello,

I have got an open-e nas enterprise system attached to a 3ware 9500-12 controller. The array size is below 2Tb. I'd like to boost this up to 4 Tb or more. Before I buy the drives, is there a maximum size of the physical array the system can handle?

Thanks, regards
    The NAS Enterprise system DOES NOT allow that in your case. I'll post up a how-to on this issue soon