Visit Open-E website
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFS Locking issues with FreeBSD

@jmo: I have the exact same problem... only in reverse.

When upgrading to OS X 10.5 (from 10.4) we got problems with locking. At first I thought this was a OS X issue, but after upgrading the DSS to 5.0 DB47 build 3216 all of a sudden it worked.

Yesterday I had to take the system down completely to change a 10GbE cable and when it came up again the locking issue was back.

I'll try to do a proper cold-start as soon as I can to see if I can restore the lock-functionality again.

It is a bit scary if the locking feature is random depending on your luck since we have the home directory of both mac's and a bunch of linux workstations mounted from the dss.

-atle

Dear Atle,

Please submit your logs to support@open-e.com with description of the problem. In this way testers can verify it and check the error.

Regards,
    SJ

I restarted the server twice this morning, but unfortunately it didn't help.

Have mailed my logs to support so we'll see what they find out.

-atle

Dear Atle,

Thanks for submitting the logs. We are going to look at them and get back to you ASAP.

Regards,
    SJ

Dear all,

we have the same problems on or SOLARIS mounted DSS. As there are some users already waiting to go back to work, I would like to ask: Do you already know when an update will be available ?

Best regards.

@Koroljow:
    As I understood it they are working on a fix, but they can't promise when it will be ready. We too have several systems, both servers and workstations, that we can't use because of this issue and if it's not fixed soon we have to consider some other distro instead of DSS.

-atle

@atle: Do you already have alterntives in your mind ? Most of today's RAIDS seem to work on OPEN-E or on (far too expensive) Netapp systems ...

Best regards,
    Koroljow

@Koroljow: Ubuntu server 8.04 will probably do the trick for us. It supports our 3ware 9650SE-16ML card as well as all the network cards in the system. If that doesn't work as expected I'll probably go back to my favorite server-distro gentoo even though that one takes a bit more time to set up.

-atle

@atle: I have just received an update iso (in engineering state) for this problem from OPEN-E Munic. It seems that the official patch will be out something in between 2 weeks and 2 months. Have you tried to phone them, also ?

@Koroljow: I've been exchanging e-mails with support up until two weeks ago and they were supposed to let me know when they have a fix ready.

Let me know if the fix works and I'll bug them again