Visit Open-E website

Thread: Failover between 2 DDS servers

Default Failover between 2 DDS servers

I plan to use two DDS servers to provide some kind of redundancy. In all forum topics I read we have to wait for the integrated HA solution a bit longer, so that's not an issue at the time.
    I read some other topics regarding a solution like this but they all speak of replication. In our case this isn't neccessary since we plan to use a sas based jbod that will be connected to both DDS servers. Is there any way to use both DDS servers actively, of course both serving their own part of the storage, without using replication ? If this would be possible we can manually failover when one of the boxes dies.

"use both DDS servers actively" can you explain??

If your JBOD can do it.. I see no reason why the DSS won't pick up and work...

With using both servers actively I mean both of them can serve half of the underlying storage through iscsi. When one fails I have to be able to move the iscsi connections of the failing node to the remaining node.

I still have no answer how to accomplish this...

Both DDS server will have access to the same storage backend both serving half of the storage. But how do I get the configuration of a failing server to the still active server.
    All iscsi targets have to be moved to the active server quickly...

Or is configuring them manual on both servers when I create them the only option for this ?