Visit Open-E website

Thread: Apc Upc

Default Apc Upc

I have connected the UPC to the Iscsi Server and configured as Master, but i see no way ( no documentation ) to inform the conected servers about a power fail.

is there any software available ?

Thanks
    Andreas

I am not sure which configuration you have:

On the Server connected directly to UPS via COM/USB port:
    1. On WebGUI go to Setup->Hardware->UPS settings function,
    2. Set "UPS vendor" to APC,
    3. Set mode to "single" (there will be no need to set Master and enter slave IP), 4. Set cable and UPS to match your UPS model,
    5. Apply changes,
    6. Go to Status->Hardware->UPS status and check if UPS work properly (please disable power from UPS for test).

On the Servers working as APC clients:
    1. On WebGUI go to Setup->Hardware->UPS settings function,
    2. Set "UPS vendor" to APC,
    3. Set mode to "Slave",
    4. Enter IP of the "Single"configured server,
    5. Set port to 3551,
    6. Apply changes,
    7. Go to Status->Hardware->UPS status and check if "UPS Mode" is set to "Stand
    Alone" or "Net Master" and status is "ONLINE".

The UPC is connected to the IScsi Server via COM Port. In the Web Gui i have configured APC USV as Master. I see that the USV is online as NET MASTER. This is fine.

Now.
    I have 3 Server ( Windows 2003 ) which are configured as Iscsi Client. I see no way to inform the attached Server about a power fail.
    Thanks for any help.

Regrds
    Andreas

have you setup email notification?

Quote Originally Posted by astasny
    The UPC is connected to the IScsi Server via COM Port. In the Web Gui i have configured APC USV as Master. I see that the USV is online as NET MASTER. This is fine.

Now.
    I have 3 Server ( Windows 2003 ) which are configured as Iscsi Client. I see no way to inform the attached Server about a power fail.
    Thanks for any help.

Regrds
    Andreas
    Open-E used nut(Network UPS tools) for UPS management , with NUT you have master for the computer that have the battery directly attach to it and slave for computer that will receive the status from master directly so what you need is a "Windows" client for NUT , look at sourceforge.net for winnut.

Keven

Hello.

Thanks for the inormation. i have installed a winnut client, but i cannot conect to the server. i think the problem is the configuration, maybe you can help me.
    UPS Port: ?? ( i have tried 3551, which is the value from the iscsi web gui )
    UPS Name: ?? ( no idea )

Thanks in advance.

Andreas